It is no secret that men and women are wired differently. Women need and attach emotions to everything. Men are more physical and do not need the emotional attachment and over analyzing that goes along with simple tasks. Let’s take a look at a few scenarios and how differently men and women play them out:
1. Man sits on couch drinking a beer while the woman is washing dishes and doing laundry.
· Man thinks- Woman is awesome at this stuff, and the last time I did laundry all of my underwear turned out pink so I might as well wait until she asks for help, at which point I can develop an excuse to not do it.
· Woman feels- Man is always sitting down not helping. I am so sad that he does not feel the need to help me. I do all of this for him and he sits there drinking beer watching football. I am now angry but will not show it until a later point in the future where it can come to my advantage.
2. Man slaps woman on the butt repeatedly throughout the day as he sees her.
· Man thinks- That woman is one sexy creature. I am so lucky that I have that beautiful ass to slap and touch. I cannot believe that of all the people in the world she chose ME to be able to slap that fantastic pooper.
· Woman feels- All I am is a piece of meat for him and it is hurtful and saddening that he just slaps my butt all the time. It probably has become just a reaction to him because I am here but I will not bring it up until a later time when it will benefit me to say something.
3. Woman goes to take a relaxing bath at the end of a very long day.
· Man thinks- YES! She is getting in the bath soaking all her lady parts getting them nice and ready for our sexy time tonight. I know she wants me to go in there before she gets in the bath so I can slap her butt and then try to climb in the tub and have sex with her. Yeah, that has to be it.
· Woman feels- I am so excited to be able to have time alone to relax and unwind from all of the stresses of the day like picking the right lipstick, making the right sandwiches for my man, and doing his laundry. I cannot wait to lay here and relax with no interruptions in a butt-slap free zone.
4. Woman is crying for no apparent reason.
· Man thinks- Ok, someone died that has to be it. That or someone gave the rose to the wrong person on the Bachelor. Oh no! It is PMS time, I am out of here!
· Woman feels- I did laundry, made dinner, cleaned the dishes while he watched TV, and all I wanted to do was take a peaceful bath but he came in there slapping my ass and trying to have sex. I can’t take it anymore. I just need a break. Now is the time to use all the ammo I have while he thinks I am PMSing!
These are just a few examples of how men and women think differently. “But Charlestonion, what about same sex couples?” Well you got me there, but when was the last time you saw a same sex couple with one of them standing in the aisle of Bi-Lo confused while the other one sprints off mad after having his/her butt slapped? Exactly!